Coca‑Cola HBC Baltics is committed to conducting all its business activities responsibly with due regard to environmental impact and sustainable performance. We believe that the environment is everybody’s responsibility and all employees are accountable for environmental performance.
Coca‑Cola HBC Baltics seeks to achieve steady improvement in meeting its environmental standards while working to minimize any negative impact on the local and global environment as the Company grows its business.
Specifically, we commit to the following:
- Conduct operations in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and apply high internal environmental standards;
- Develop and certify Environmental management system compliant with ISO 14001 requirements, the Coca‑Cola Company requirements (KORE) and Coca‑Cola Hellenic specific standards to ensure accountability and continuous improvement.
- Include environmental strategies and objectives in our business planning process to ensure that management of environmental impact remains an integral part of our business activities.
- Identify all environmental aspects, set environmental goals, monitor results and audit processes in order to assess our performance againts internal and external environmental standards.
- Prevent pollution and protect the environment by promoting and implementing best available environmental practices, eliminating and neutralizing waste in a controlled manner, minimizing emissions, preserving natural resources (water and energy), and increasing waste recycling.
- Implement Coca‑Cola Hellenic Policy regarding Post-consumer packaging waste management by light weighting, recycling beverage packaging, engaging our employees in awareness and waste collection campaigns.
- Implement Coca‑Cola Hellenic Water Stewardship Policy and commit to minimize the impact of our operations, by decreasing water use and ensuring that wastewater treated to a level that sustain aquatic life.
- Implement Coca‑Cola Hellenic Climate Change Policy and strive to limit impact on climate change by reducing energy use and coolant emissions.
- Encourage and equip employees to identify and act upon opportunities to improve environmental performance and waste management in the areas where they work;
- Partner with stakeholders in seeking and developing solutions to those environmental problems in which the Company can make an effective and lasting contribution.
- Communicate its environmental requirements and performance to all stakeholders.